The Best Education
The College of Nursing was established in the year 2020 by Dr. Ramanathan Vairavan, Chairman. Our main advantage is that our students have access to the best hospital for practice which is a very important part of nursing education as it turns them into skilled nurses.
- The nursing profession focuses in the prevention of illness, caring for those who are acutely ill, and helping people with long-term rehabilitative problems to live in the healthiest way possible. Nursing is both a science and an art. It has its foundation in biophysical and behavioral humanistic sciences, as well as in specific nursing practice skills and techniques. Nurses are in demand throughout the country and are needed in such settings as hospitals, community care centers, homes, outreach programs, schools, health maintenance organizations, and clinics which serve the community at large.
- The Alagappa College of Nursing aims to motivate and educate students to meet the healthcare needs of individuals, families, and communities. Our faculty has a passion for teaching using a rich variety of educational methods. We embrace the diversity of our student population and are committed to educating nurses who serve diverse populations with a focus on social and environmental justice, and health equality.
- We incorporate evidence-based nursing knowledge, ethical decision-making, and sound clinical judgment into our educational paradigm. Using various educational modalities that include state of the art information technologies, students learn how to provide safe, quality patient-centered care. Our students are prepared to adapt to changing healthcare needs and environments and to serve society through civic engagement and lifelong learning
- World class clinical exposure in leading Multi speciality Hospitals
- High quality teaching through experienced faculty
- Well equipped Laboratories with latest technology
- Excellent In Campus Hostel with Hygienic Canteen
- IELTS, TOEFL & English Training
- Advance medical subjects are taken by doctors & guest subject expert’s.
- 24 Hours Security & CCTV Surveillance
- Special scholarship scheme for SC/ST/IRDP Category students.
- 100% Placement Support
Accreditations and Affiliations
The State Government of Tamil Nadu
The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University
The Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council
Tie up with
Apollo Reach Hospitals, Karaikudi
Tie up with
Government Headquarters Hospital, Karaikudi, Sivagangai
We foster student growth and development embracing their richly diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds, recognizing the individual differences in learning styles and goals, and adapting support systems to help students fulfill their educational goals. Building on a foundation of knowledge from nursing and other disciplines such as psychology, sociology, philosophy and anthropology, graduates of this program will collaborate with other healthcare disciplines (i.e. medicine, physical therapy, psychology, social work, and others) to provide compassionate and ethical care along the health-illness continuum throughout the lifespan. These educational endeavors affect the healthcare environment and positively influence health outcomes of individuals, families, communities and populations. We are committed to professional development of faculty, staff and students using our conceptual model, which guides our academic activities. We provide excellent nursing education and academic activities emphasizing patient-center care, patient safety, teamwork and collaboration, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, informatics, leadership and lifelong learning for the students as well as faculty and staff. The following objectives are based on this philosophy:
- To provide curriculum that reflects human diversity and encourages critical thinking, clinical judgments, and social and cultural awareness
- To provide a learning environment conducive for students with diverse learning styles and needs
- To develop clinicians, leaders, advocates and change agents to function in evolving healthcare systems
- To increase the number of nurses form underrepresented groups in nursing
- To prepare nurses who support, use and disseminate research in practice
- To serve the local and global community through faculty and student leadership, consultation research, and clinical practice